Thursday, October 20, 2011

16 Candles

In 24 days, I will be able to get my license.  It would be wonderful to get a car for my 16th birthday; however, God is telling me differently.  I don't need one.  He placed on my heart that I should do something to give back, to help others who need it more than I do.  Sure, it would be nice to get a car.  I'm not going to pretend that I don't struggle with worldly possesions.  But why should I get a car when some children don't even have a bed?  It's not fair to them.  Luke 12: 48 says, "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." 

God has given me so many gifts, so I will follow His Word and help those who aren't as fortunate as me.  This year, I'm asking everyone to give me a few dollars for my birthday, which I will give to Sweet Sleep, an organization that provides mosquito netting and matresses to families in Africa.  I promise you I will not spend a dollar of it on myself; it will all be donated for the glory of God.  I'm giving back, trying to change the world one birthday at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment