Friday, June 17, 2011

I'm Running to Your Arms

Well, it's over. MFuge 2011 has come to an end, and I am very depressed. Yes, I am excited to get home, but I will miss being surrounded by hundreds of people like me. Amazing isn't even a word I can use to adequately describe seeing hundreds of hands raised, praising our wonderful creator! There was a specific song we sang that had the lyrics "I'm running to your arms"; this was my personal favorite because I know that whatever is happening I'm my life, good or bad, I can run to the Lord's merciful and loving arms. I have cried more times this week than I have in a while.

Yesterday at site my close friend Lexi and I gave the Bible lesson. We gathered the kids around and told them the story of David and Goliath. As we went further into the story, the kids started asking questions about God. Though we only planned to tell David and Goliath, we also told them about Jonah and the whale and Adam and Eve. They continued to to ask questions, so we told them about how to become a Christian and what it means to be a Christian. One little boy in particular asked if believing Jesus came to save us was the only way to get to Heaven. It touched my heart to hear him say that because I knew he had been listening and paying attention. We were the first group to go to that site, so it was the first time some of those kids had heard anything about Jesus. I just pray that weay have planted a seed in these kids hearts.

God has humbled me and spoken to me very much this week. God has given me this opportunity and experience for a reason. When I get home, I will not stop serving and helping. He put me on this earth to praise, worship, and tell others about His love, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment